Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been feeding my 3 Ghost Shrimp with plain Top Fin Betta Bits....
however I JUST noticed that it contains Copper Sulfate, which is probably what killed my single ghostie a few months back.
Right now my 2 that are in their own little 1 gallon (Their 5 gallon just split, I'm getting a new one in a few days) and they're tearing up some boiled lettuce.
Any shrimp pellet suggestions are appreciated. I'm just so used to feeding them with betta bits...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Shrimp and Shrimp

Well i would just say a algae pellet or some other tropical fish food not cichlid! its just better to feed them the other thing not the cichlid food, mine seemed to not even eat it?:-? Oh and if you see cherry shrimp i would get them! If you buy 10-12 you end up with 80-100. THAT'S A TON OF SHRIMP!
hope i helped.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I don't know about best food. But the ones I had would eat anything! Clean plants, algae wafer, betta pellets, and gosh you should have seen them steal a thawed bloodworm from a betta.

·
Registered
18 Posts
a mixed diet is always better but remember they are bottom feeders and not as picky as you'd think. always prefer feeding fresh veggies like blanched spinach, kale and peas over processed foods. algae waffers are ok but there are better out there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts