Tropical Fish Keeping banner

41 - 60 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
UGH!!! just realized that i should have tested pH today as well!!! I guess i will have to assume my ph was the same as it was last week, and test it again tomorrow. not that 4tsp will have a huge effect in 24 hours
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
You also make a blurry cameo in the whole tank picture! lol! Seeing that one white spot on the front of the tank with the angels in the back REALLY brings just how large they are into perspective. That is a MASSIVE snail!!! :shock:

How are the pH and GH levels today?

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
It looks to be.about 6.4 pH today, less than 7.4 high range pH. gh waz 2 again. and kh was 1 again. tossed cucumber in, the mts have swarmed to it, and two of my yellows seem to have discovered it too. one white spot was headed for it, but i moved it when i was fixing some plants.

Izzy, when do you think i should add more coral? a week or two?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
cool. thanks! I'll do that later or tomorrow.

i got a few more pictures today...>:3

Lunch time!

ohh baby in the background on a leaf in this one!

yeah. trying so hard to get decent shots! didn't do great but OH WELL.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Idk. There might have been the slightest change but it wasn't much. today i did a ten gallon water change, added a bunch more coral (gotta be at least a half cup in there now) and a couple of pinches of the clay stuff (i promise i will look at the name tonight lol). i might start making treats soon.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
37 Posts
I put coral/shells that I collected from the caribbean in my tank - PH is 7.8 or so. No idea what the other reading are though. It took quite a bit of full sized shells/and small coral pieces to get it to that level. I've actually been taking out a peice or two every so often. I'm sure the bettas are fine with that but I have no idea what clown plecos like.

I would guess there is maybe 2-3 cups of coral/shells in there? Maybe..not really sure how big a cup is or how much coral would fill it...

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
FINALLY tested my water before the water change yesterday. the gh and kh were both 3, so it's going somewhere. i TOTALLY spaced checking pH though. i'll have to do that today.

I continue to see more tiny white spot babies!!!!! I hope my yelllows hurry up and become sexually mature, and that i have some of both gender u.u i want more yellow babies!!!!!

in other invert news, i got ghost shrimp yesterday. they're so cute!!

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Yay for a happy update! Sounds like things are going great for you! We need some pics, you know. You CAN'T just go around announcing new critters and NOT post pics ;)

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
I will TRY to get shrimp pics but my camera can barely take clear pics of my snails. i got a short video last night but the shrimp looked like actual ghosts lol. i will work on it after a nap or something!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
37 Posts
*grabby hands for babies*
I thugh about getting ghost shrimp today but figured my girls would eat them...

41 - 60 of 198 Posts