Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there!

I was wondering if someone could help me out with figuring out what is wrong (if anything) with my Betta.
When I first got him I truly did not understand how to take care of him- so he did not have a heater or filter for a while. About 2 weeks ago I transferred him into his new tank.
He is about a year old, and now lives in a 5 gallon tank with a heater (set at 80) and filter.
I also check his water levels to make sure that they are ideal- and whenever I have checked the charts on the test strip bottle everything seems great.
It seems like his fins have been slightly curled at the ends for a while- and I was hoping that after changing his tank set up they would heal quickly. The very end of his tail seems to be uncurling slowly, but Im
now noticing that shorter part and am concerned. I am wondering if I just need to be patient and wait a little longer for him to adjust to his improved conditions, or am I doing something wrong?
I am just not sure what is going on with his fins- I read in some places that it might be genetic, while other chat rooms say it might be fin rot! I just want to make sure that he is treated for whatever is wrong before it’s too late!
He is very active and swims around quiet a bit, he also eats regularly and is always excited to eat! No loss of appetite or fatigue.
Please let me know if anyone recognizes this issue!
CBCEEFA2-F4C7-42FC-9320-7933454D55A8.jpeg
D52B82EE-4E55-4954-9DC1-AA2A9548F082.jpeg
D52B82EE-4E55-4954-9DC1-AA2A9548F082.jpeg

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi. 1. the test strips aren't always that accurate, for a good quality test kit you should go with the API test kits. They aren't that expensive and they last a while. 2. If your betta doesn't have any loss of appetite or fatigue then its probably not a problem and could be genetic.
Good Luck
AJ

1 - 2 of 2 Posts