Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
WELCOME!!

I would advise that if you can afford it go for undergravel heating and a soil substrate before adding top substrate, if you have to use sand i would advise using shale/ pebbles to break up the appearance- sand might be more difficult to keep plants with than gravel- but each to their own!
Any questions you know where to ask!

·
Registered
160 Posts
i think your angels would be ok with guppies until the females are pregnant, then they are food! lol.
I wouldnt keep angels with pearl gouramis, it just wont work, pearls have lovely long feeler things-sorry dont know enough about this fish so i dont know what this is called. But they will be the first to go. Angels think it is there right to peck at anything they want.
Cardinals should be ok aslong as they are adult by the time the other inhabitants have matured, a fully grown cardinal is an impressive fish.

You only asked about light in your message to me, so i only aswered with regard to light. i take it you are passed the initial set up stage.
If you want help i would suggest you post exaclty what your setup is, but if you are happy with the way things are going then sitback and enjoy ;)

·
Registered
160 Posts
well growth near enough within week 1- but once you have the chemistry sorted and the plants are settled and have developed their roots, you will see real progress in 3 months.
Of course the more you provide for you plant in terms of its natural habitat requirements then the faster you will see an impact.

·
Registered
160 Posts
it might pay divedend to pay extra for potted specimens at the start- this way you can trust what you are buying to be aquarium plants. Tropica is an excellent brand. Once you are familiar with plant species you can go bargain hunting in those tanks with cheap cuttings :) its amazing what treasures you can find for cheap pennies! ;)

Oh yes and close up pics of any problems are a great help- try using a macro setting with noflash, and a pile of books if needed to keep the camera steady!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts