Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just purchased 5 "female" electric blue split tail Guppies, however I dont think on closer inspection that they are female. however I'm no expert so I thought I'd get some opinions :)

I'll try to get better pics or a video to help :)

Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
178 Posts
So you purchased them at a shop? If so, did you not look at the fish after they had been caught/observe the catching & bagging? I thought maybe they were online purchases that were shipped. For future reference, it's best to check the fish after they are bagged to be sure you are happy with what's been caught before you pay and leave the business.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So you purchased them at a shop? If so, did you not look at the fish after they had been caught/observe the catching & bagging? I thought maybe they were online purchases that were shipped. For future reference, it's best to check the fish after they are bagged to be sure you are happy with what's been caught before you pay and leave the business.
Yeah I asked at the time but the girl assured me they were female, I thought it was just the lighting that was preventing me from seeing the anal fin clearly, however looking at them in my tank they look male.

Steve

1 - 8 of 8 Posts