Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yay! I woke up today, and noticed baby fish swimming around in my 29 gallon tank! But I don’t know what fish it is. I have Guppies, Neon Tetras, and Cory catfish in the tank. And i Have all female Guppie, but Neon Tetras and catfish lay eggs, and I haven’t seen a single egg in the tank, I even did one deep check today for any eggs, and found nothing. So I am very confused. Could I Guppy of got pregnant at the store, and just now gave birth? Or are they Tetra or Catfish eggs just so small I can’t see them? Also, do I need to feed the baby fish? Or will they find their own food?

·
Registered
10g: 8 young golden Dalmatian mollies 1 neon tetra 2 nerite snails 10g: 2 nerites, soon molies fr t1
174 Posts
Guppies can definitely get pregnant at the store.

·
Registered
10g: 8 young golden Dalmatian mollies 1 neon tetra 2 nerite snails 10g: 2 nerites, soon molies fr t1
174 Posts
Yay! I woke up today, and noticed baby fish swimming around in my 29 gallon tank! But I don’t know what fish it is. I have Guppies, Neon Tetras, and Cory catfish in the tank. And i Have all female Guppie, but Neon Tetras and catfish lay eggs, and I haven’t seen a single egg in the tank, I even did one deep check today for any eggs, and found nothing. So I am very confused. Could I Guppy of got pregnant at the store, and just now gave birth? Or are they Tetra or Catfish eggs just so small I can’t see them? Also, do I need to feed the baby fish? Or will they find their own food?
Any update ?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any update ?
Hi! And yes. I think they are definitely Guppies. Because as they are getting a little bigger, they are looking more like guppies. And also I saw them eating alage, by hitting their heads just like the guppies do. Although for a day, they were schooling with the Tetras, lol. But I think they are guppies

1 - 4 of 4 Posts