Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys this is my seconds post in that forum , I have red cherry shrimps tank with black crystal ones and alot plants and drift wood they live happy and breeding all the time but the problem is i bought new plant and got by mistake a bladder snail before 3 weeks now i got alot of them almost minimum 100 bladder snails
and they still young i bought 3 Assassin snails before two days and they are big or huge comparing to the bladder ones i want to know now if they are that big they cant eat and clean these bladders ?

Should i get more small assassin snails ,

the assassin snails by the way they eat the shrimps pellet and leaving the snails to ride on them this is ridiculous by the way to ride on your predator

i can provide more info and pictures if needed ?

·
Registered
I have two tanks, one is cycling and one is a 5 gal (Soon to be upgraded)
430 Posts
I would get another couple assassin snails since their are so many bladder snails. However, I think that your assassin snails are just full.

·
Administrator
7-10 ranging in sizes up to 125g
39 Posts
If you are having a large boom of snails, cut back a little on feeding. Assassin snails will take a while to eliminate a tank with established pest snails. You could purchase more, but just be warned, even though they do not breed anywhere near as fast as pest snails you can still get over run with them. They lay one egg at a time and can still get out of control if not kept in check.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks For the Replies Guys I really appreciate it

I Added small 3 Assassin snail to eat the small Bladders i will provide photos later today

but I'm a little worried about them eating my newly hatched cherry shrimps they are very tiny 3 days old i wont lose this little shrimps !

and there is tiny white worms not planaria i dont know what is the kind of them did assassin snails help with these too ?

I will add photos for everything today !

·
Administrator
39 Posts
I can only speak to my own experience with Clea helena and Neocaridina. I've been keeping/breeding both together in my tanks for years now and I have never noticed any issues.

As for your tiny white worms, I'm going to guess they are Detritus worms which are harmless. This can happen with over feeding, just like the pest snail boom. Smaller feedings and be sure to remove any left overs if not consumed in a timely manner. This will cut down on decaying matter which in turn will give the worms and snails less food.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can only speak to my own experience with Clea helena and Neocaridina. I've been keeping/breeding both together in my tanks for years now and I have never noticed any issues.

As for your tiny white worms, I'm going to guess they are Detritus worms which are harmless. This can happen with over feeding, just like the pest snail boom. Smaller feedings and be sure to remove any left overs if not consumed in a timely manner. This will cut down on decaying matter which in turn will give the worms and snails less food.
How i can prevent over feeding even if i drop just 1 pellet in the shrimps tank the snails and the worms will run for it even before the shrimps how to change that and stop feeding these worms and snails and youre right its detritus worms !

·
Administrator
39 Posts
If you have a lot of plants, wood, and other surfaces that can accumulate biofilm, the shrimp should be fine. Maybe just clean your substrate little by little to eliminate waste and decaying matter that the worms and snails will rely on.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you have a lot of plants, wood, and other surfaces that can accumulate biofilm, the shrimp should be fine. Maybe just clean your substrate little by little to eliminate waste and decaying matter that the worms and snails will rely on.
Thank Your Very Much Man , I Really Appreciate your replies.
and i have one more question Please .

if you have any experience with the Vacuum siphons , Like the best one for shrimps tank something that will not suck the baby shrimp they are very tiny hatched before 2-5 Days

·
Administrator
39 Posts
My tanks are larger and all but one are bare bottom. I rarely clean the bottoms of my tanks. When doing water changes I use a large Python siphon with a section of an old fish net attached to the end just to avoid fish going up the hose. The cherry shrimp are everywhere throughout my tanks and I don't worry if a few get removed when cleaning.

PlanterTank.net has a helpful community and a section dedicated to shrimp. Might want to check there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts