Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone knows a little bit about aquarium plants. Im new to plants in my tank and have these two weeks now and i think they may be withering and dying. Does anyone know if these look normal and if not what can i do to fix the problem. Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hello what type of fish do you have in your tank? Also, what temp is your tank? It looks liem you have an amazon sword in your tank but I cannot really tell please tell me what type of plants you have. If yiu have duckweed or floating plants it can cause your plants to die from lack of light. I reccomend putting direct sunlight on them during the day and turning it off at night.

·
Registered
20 Posts
What are you feeding them? (Fertilizers) Plants mainly feed from the roots, so I recommend some sort of root tab. Light could be an issue, and is hard to determine what the proper amount is because there are so many variables. You have to keep playing with it until you find what works for your aquarium. Research the type of plants you have and check out Dustin's Fish Tanks on YouTube. He seems to be the leading aquarium plant dude! Enjoy figuring out this puzzle, its all part of this wonderful hobby. I mean that sincerely.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts