Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Are Interpet Waterproof LEDs worth the money?

Can anyone recommend any cheaper alternatives?

How many strips would you recommend for a 31 L x 16 H x 12 W inch aquarium? (20 uk Gallon)

Do they work well in a beginners planted aquarium?

Thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
The one you linked (blue moonlight) is, as its name suggests, a moonlight, to be used at night. The main thing you need to look for in lighting is the watts and frequency. The general rule is 2 watts per gallon, and you want a light preferably either 6500k or 6700k.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Suunsu, I'd consider that LOW light. From my understanding, to answer that, it'd depend on several things. What type of fish are you keeping? Are you including live plants in the aquarium? If so, when buying plants I'd suggest sticking only to plants with low light. Honestly, lighting to an extent is a matter of personal opinion. I prefer my aquariums to be spotless, and super bright. If you're after great light, I'd find another fixture. Look into the coralife t5 ho fixtures, a bit pricey but my bulbs last a while, and they are great for plants.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Lighting

Is this the lighting that you were referring to.....48 Inch Coralife Lunar Aqualight T5 Lamp High Output Fixture...?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts