Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I originally purchased my equipment, I purchased the Optibright Plus, as that is what the local petstore (Petco) offered. They of course had multiple other options, including LED modular strips, but the Optibright seemed to be the most versatile offering.

I've since learned that Aqueon also offers an Optibright Max, which is supposed to be 50% brighter than the Optibright Plus. Not sure if any of the other stores locally carry the Max or not, but I did find it on chewy. Ironically, it's on sale for less than I paid for the Optibright Plus - my original purchase was 79.99 vs. chewy's price of 65.80 for the Optibright Max.

I will say I haven't setup the tank yet - I keep changing my mind, and can't make up my mind on substrate, as well as plants. Am I crazy to think I should return the Optibright Plus, and order the Optibright Max (assuming none of the other local stores carry it for a comparable price)?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For some reason, I can't seem to find the option to edit, so I'll just add. This is being considered for a 10 gallon tank.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts