Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get a suitable stand for a 30 gallon tank, it can be a bit longer than the tank but shouldnt be more than 18 inches wide like the tank. where could I get maybe used or cheap furniture that will do the job without paying 200 bucks for a new stand?

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Do you have Craiglist in your area? USA has one and always has plenty of tank deals that I can see.

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
There you are. I have a friend from Cali who gets a lot of tank deals. I just envy him.lol

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I'd recommend building one for a tank that size, at least if you can either finish it well or don't mind a little rugged looking stand. Take a look at the prefab stands in a fish store. 100+ gallon tanks setting on what amounts to 1/4" plywood.

You can easily build a stand, actually several, out of a sheet of 1/2" plywood. Cost you around $30 + screws and your time.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I may do this. What are the dimensions of your tank doraslilhitman? I have a 28 bow front tank (I imagine we'll have very different dimensions) But if we have roughly the same sized tanks then I'll use this thread for my guide to building mine lol.

I'm using a home built table for my fish tank right now. My grandpa does wood work and he promised me the table was strong enough to hold the tank. So whatever thats what I am using but I'm moving that tank from my rents house to my place and I want to get a proper stand for it. I'm REALLY afraid of moving this tank here, I don't want to take any chances.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts