Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just wanted to compare notes so if anyone owns a walking cat or clarias? thanks

·
Registered
168 Posts
I used to have clarias, but got fed up with them as they always managed to get out of the tank. A friend of mine had two which grew to over a foot long and gave them up as they destroyed the landscaping in his tank.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeh sounds like my tank!
mine i hope is fully grown at 16", i have to have fake plants as he just kept uprooting real ones and i have a heavy lid on my tank

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
If only, we have more catfish geeks and other members going back here.

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
sazzy said:
worth a try eh blue?
Maybe.:dunno: I feel so devilish trying to yak away about posting pics on forums and that chatroom again.
:bluelaugh:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hey i love catfish, i have 1 synodontis, several cories and a black and red shark, catfish are my favorites but not the clarias type. Someone else probably felt like i do but instead of taking his back to the shop, he dumped it in the school pond which has the murkiest water ever and the poor thing survived...

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Oceane said:
Hey i love catfish, i have 1 synodontis, several cories and a black and red shark, catfish are my favorites but not the clarias type.
Hi Oceane.:wave:

What's that black and red shark?:) If it was red-tailed black shark, then it's a cyprinid, not catfish.:mrgreen:

·
Registered
168 Posts
:BIGshame: Aye aye aye...it has wiskers (barbs then maybe) and i assumed it was a cat...Thanks Blue :roll:

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Oceane said:
:BIGshame: Aye aye aye...it has wiskers (barbs then maybe) and i assumed it was a cat...Thanks Blue :roll:
They're Epalzeorhynchus species, Oceane.:) Danios also have those 'whiskers'.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
they put my boy to shame :lol: they are absalutly beautiful :D

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Not really something I would want to keep (I like my stem plants), I think, but damn! Those are some handsome, handsome fishies.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
honestly they are the easiest fish i have ever had, you ant kill it if you try! hes about full grown now.
only problem is they are destructive and redecorate the tank at first chance :lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts