Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to my local petstore today and they just got in FANCY OSCARS! they are just gorgeous! not sure if its a new breed or what, but its the first time i seen them. They were only about 4inches long but the tail is very long and pretty! I have a 75 gallon I think im going to get from a friend so i can get one! I had a regular oscar years ago but he died when my filter crashed. Any body heard of these fancy oscars or have any pics of them full grown?
C ya!

·
Registered
174 Posts
yeah, in my lfs they have been called long finned oscars, i wanted to get one too but i dont think id be able to introduce him to my normal oscar... lol being like 10 times the size of the long fined oscar at the time...

·
Registered
267 Posts
I dunno...don't like the long fins...makes 'em look like a goldfish...

...and I love goldfish...but I'd rather my Oscar didn't look like one...

·
Registered
454 Posts
sxcsamman said:
i think there correct name is veil tail oscar and they been around for a while :D
(but done quote me on it :oops: :lol: )
I'll quote you on THAT ^
as you are right in what you say and it saves me from typing the same thing. :wink:

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
bolty said:
as you are right in what you say and it saves me from typing the same thing. :wink:
Saved from typing he says? Shane, you already typed this post.:p :lol:

Nice veiltail oscars although they look unusual in veiltail form.8)

·
Registered
454 Posts
to save him from typing the same thing he says LoL

Shane :lol:

hay B long time......

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
...no see! Yeah!:thumbsup: Are all those veiltail oscars yours?:shock2:

·
Registered
454 Posts
no none of them

im not trying to hang my-self hear

BUT they are...... well...... lets just say they are not my kinDA fish

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
bolty said:
im not trying to hang my-self hear
:bluelaugh: :bluelaugh:
BUT they are...... well...... lets just say they are not my kinDA fish
Would you believe that fish was certainly not my type as well?:lol: Monsters are just not my type.:lol:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Blue said:
Would you believe that fish was certainly not my type as well?:lol: Monsters are just not my type.:lol:
disgaraceful MONSTERS WILL RULE THE WORLD FOR EVA and i just luv oscars but i to prefer the normals than the veil tails

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
I still prefer the normal strains than veiltails despite the fact that they are not my type.;) I don't fancy keeping fish that look too different from its normal looks.:?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Firebelly girrl said:
their kind of hard to resist arent they!!?
i was just in my lfs and they had some juvenile long fins... but the lfs had them priced as normals.... so i couldnt resist and got one.... now i just need to organise some tanks... i think il need a new one....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts