Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had any luck with a cleaner crew with a Ornate (Christmas) Wrasse and/or Picasso Trigger? I figured I was completely out of luck but thought I would ask?

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
I don't think there is any cleaner crew that can survive a trigger.:?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,

The Ornate is a very pretty wrasse but it will eat a variety of small invertebrates, including small clams, chitons, fan worms and even small cucumbers.

On the other hand, the Clown Fairy Wrasse (also known by:Tricolor Fairy Wrasse, Solor Wrasse, Solar Fairy Wrasse, Red Head Wrasse, Solorensis Fairy Wrasse) does not eat any invertebrates and is a great reef fish. I have 6 cleaner shrimps and they get along fine.

Now the trigger - that is another issue -

Good luck[/img]

·
Registered
11 Posts
Almost anything you add after the trigger, he will view as food. I have seen people put their fish in a temporary tank for about a week, place the cleaning crew in the tank, and then re-introduce the trigger back to the tank.

Thanks,
Bill (redsoxbill)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I disagree trigger can eat inverts but notnecesarily.
I currenly own multiple wrasses and have had x-hatch in my reefs w/o issues with them eating my cleaners and so forth. As far as my snails that's a dif story-radiant/yellow coris are voracious snail eaters. HTH

1 - 5 of 5 Posts