Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i just got a small female crowntale betta fish yesterday her name is Soka i have her in a 3.5 gallon tank( i would prefer a 5 gallon but my parents wont budge)it has one tall silk plant a piece of betta wood a smaller plant and a little cave, i have done alot of research but i keep second guessing myself with what im doing. She does seem fine though she ate some of her food when i fed her in the morning and is pretty energetic. I tried to get her into her tank the best i could without stressing her and ended out stressing myself out because i have had one betta before her and i did alot wrong. So if its not to much of a hassle i greatly appreciate if any advice.馃槉
Leaf Textile Petal Plant Organism
Water Plant Food storage containers Vertebrate Green

Attachments

Registered
4 female bettas, 2 dumbo elephant ear male bettas, and 1 kuhli loach (10 gal, 5 gal, & 1.5 gal)
All the stuff I know about betta owning;
3.5-5gal is most humane for one betta. Female bettas do the best in groups of 2-4. Female bettas will eat way past when they are full, so be careful when feeding them cause than kill them selves by eating too much. Bettas can go up to two weeks without eating, so I recommend feeding them 3 food pellets every other day. Bettas like to rest close to the surface so getting them a floating log or a suction cup leaf would be good. Small tanks need to be cleaned more often so I鈥檇 say once a week. Bettas need a heater and a filter, while they are extremely hardy it鈥檚 still more humane to give them what they need. Bettas will emit a white foamy substance that will go to the surface of their tank, however don鈥檛 be alarmed by this as it usually means they are just looking for a mate (which I don鈥檛 recommend providing). If you have any questions just ask.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts