Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found another Neon dead today, it was stuck to the filter. It must have been sucked there after it died. It took me a while to find it. My nitrate levels are going bad again, I don't have any more nitrate and ammonia remover. I took out half the tanks water and its still bad. Also I have to add buffeing and ph plus! Whats wrong!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Fuzz said:
My nitrate levels are going bad again, I don't have any more nitrate and ammonia remover. I took out half the tanks water and its still bad
Do you mean nitirite instead of nitrate ?
If yes, you have to change the water more then once to lower the level. At least once a day as long as there is nitrite in your water.

Also I have to add buffeing and ph plus! Whats wrong!
Something else, you´re keeping neons. What kind of Neons ? Usually those kind of fish needs a low pH and that wouldn´t explain your usage of pH plus which is said to increase the level.

·
Registered
135 Posts
What type of filtration do you have running in the tank? Those levels should (with the exception of Nitrates) should reduce themselves to 0 ppm after a month or so. If you use tap water, are you conditioning it before adding it to the tank? Have your ammonia levels and nitrate levels always been high?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts