Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know any inverts that would eat these annoying worms..I have mithrax crabs, but I don't know if they will get the job done.. Any advice would be well appreciated..

·
Banned
1,591 Posts
Depending what you have in the tank some if not all species of triggers will eat them.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess there is nothing I can do..Triggers would maul my mithrax crabs.
Thanks for thew responses

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
well copperbands and tangs souldnt go togther in the same tank for that reason. copperbands are hard to keep anyway, once thier food it gone, they dont really eat.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
White, what kind of purple coral is that? I like it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes I would like to get a butterfly but the fish store said it would pluck at my corals as well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
caferacermike said:
This is the first time I have ever heard anyone call feather dusters annoying. Everyone I know thinks they a re a sign of a succesful tank that has fully matured. Not only that, but as filter feeders they help remove wastes from the water preventing algae growth.
I agree with what Mike wrote. What exactly is the problem with them?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Glendor said:
caferacermike said:
This is the first time I have ever heard anyone call feather dusters annoying. Everyone I know thinks they a re a sign of a succesful tank that has fully matured. Not only that, but as filter feeders they help remove wastes from the water preventing algae growth.
I agree with what Mike wrote. What exactly is the problem with them?
\

I agree, I think they are a beautiful addition to the reef

·
Registered
122 Posts
what does a baby feather duster look like? Little white curled up looking things?
Cause i have about a million in my tank.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

They are nice but getting to be a little too much..It is a nice gesture but I dont have the patience to rearrange my aquarium to send them...I will just have to cope with them. :roll:

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
White98SVT said:
Italian Reef said:
White, what kind of purple coral is that? I like it.
That is actually live rock. A buddy of mine picked it up for me at a store in Atlanta. I unfortunately can't remember where it came from.
its coraline algea...give it time and if your tank is good you will grow some. it also comes in other colors like pink and green, but purple is the prettiest.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
oh..nice

·
Banned
1,591 Posts
Are you dosing your tank with B-Ionic?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
no..just the basics calxmax a and b iodine and strontium

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Most 2 parts are the same type of thing. B Ionic has just seemed to really work well. Typically one part is ALK and the other is the CA. Once you see a bit of coraline start, scrape it lightly with a stiff toothbrush. It will release spores and quickly reproduce. Coraline actually prefers under 10K lighting and can recess in higher K settings. Many SPS reefers can't get it to grow in their tanks due to the intense lighting.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts