Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi my name is Eddie and I'm new to the fish keeping world, I just had these angels from a 5 gallon tank to this 40 gallon tank. They were my daughters. Nothing prepared me for them placing their eggs on intake tube of my filter. what can I do? I have temporarily turned the filter off should I go get another filter and put in there. Thank you to whomever helps.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Glad you put them in a correct size tank, easy soloution: Turn off the filter, leave the filter in tank, buy a new tempoary filter that lasts at least untill the eggs hatch then use old filter

·
Registered
4 Posts
I recommend putting a divider in the tank to separate the parents from the babies and place a filter on the opposite side of tank from the eggs. Also you need to have a constant water flow over the eggs or they will die from lack of oxygen. Since you posted this 18 days ago I'm sure all the eggs and babies are gone because the parents ate them.

And your angel fish look exactly like mine, identical. My male would be the silver and black stripes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts