Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
The QT usually doesn't need cycling because you will possibly be medicating any fish in there and during medicating you should be doing 100% water changes.

Are you running a filter with this QT tank? Cycling a tank can take a month, it be nice to get the fish in there ASAP so you can start running some tests.

·
Registered
828 Posts
The strip tests aren't always reliable. Nearly the whole forum recommends API's liquid test kit.
Anyway you can get pictures of the fish in question? My guess is ammonia. A picture may give us a better clue as well.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Angelfish DO get a redness....more like a pink hue to their swimfin. But it usually only appears on juvies and disappears when adults. I've read that FEW angelfish keep this hue, but most do not. I have not seen an adult angel with this pink hue.

Since your angel is experiencing issues with breathing and has redness, I'm inclined to believe it is ammonia poisoning. It could be something else tho, that is why your picture could give us a better clue.

·
Registered
828 Posts
With a 50% weekly water change and a bioload that low, their shouldn't be any ammonia. It must be something else.....This is gonna bug me.

·
Registered
828 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts