Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new tank that has a working hood so that i can actually have a light in it, and i noticed that my one angelfish has a pinkish red blotch on his back between two fins (look in the photo on top of his tail) . Could this be an illness or a physical injury from tank transfers?

I cant tell how long its been there because my other tank did not have a light so I didnt notice till now.

If you could please help identify the problem and suggest solutions, that would be great!

Also on the side is there a way to tell if angelfish are male or female?

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
From what I can see is just nothing too bad he also looks pale because he dosen´t have much light, the pinkish red blotch could also be just the lack of light.
If you could try and make a better detailed photo that would help.
To tell if an anglefish is male of female you need to look at the bottom of it´s stomach and look for a small tube (may be hard to find),if the tube looks pointy its a male, if it looks kind of cylindrical it´s a female.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Angelfish sick or hurt reply

Okay thanks I will upload a better photo when I get home. Could the lack of light harm the fish? Would going from no light to light all day harm them as well? Is there a schedule I should follow?

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Lighter coloured angels naturally have the red zone near the caudal fin, nothing to worry about.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts