Tropical Fish Keeping banner

Angelfish sick or hurt with detailed photos

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  autumnwhiteee 
#1 ·
I just got a new tank that has a working hood so that i can actually have a light in it, and i noticed that my one angelfish has a pinkish red blotch on his back between two fins (look in the photo on top of his tail) . Could this be an illness or a physical injury from tank transfers?

I cant tell how long its been there because my other tank did not have a light so I didnt notice till now.

If you could please help identify the problem and suggest solutions, that would be great!

Thanks

Also the longer that I stayed and took photos the more my angelfish became pale. Im sure this is a sign of stress but im just wondering to make sure? And is there a way to help my fish not become stressed when I go right up to the glass to take photos?

As you can see the colour change. The second photo where the fish is pale is after about 5 minutes of trying to take a decent photo. Why is my fish so stressed/pale and is there a way to fix this?

Also since i had no light from my previous tank, could that harm my fish? they had no light for a long time (less than a year though) and i know that they are supposed to have light so could that affect their health? What about since I put them from no light to light all day?

Any answers for any or all of my questions would be great, thanks

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.