1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellows,
Pls post your angelfish pics.

Altum Angelfish

This picture is not mine but you get the idea of how altums differ from scalares. Altums and scalares differ by the former's sharp indentation on their foreheads and sharp position of their dorsal fins.

Will consider posting my scalare angels soon.

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you post a pic of your friend's altum? How much did he pay for that? How many altums does he keep?
There are 3 species of angels. Leopoldi being the nastiest and rarest.:wink:

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm dubious to that fish being altum. Altums have brown bars and sharp indentation above their eyes. 1 gallon? That's too small.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
it was only in there for a week it was a baby one . i know its altum angelfish i know what the look like .

its now in a 20 gal i know its still to small

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My Scalare Angelfish
Marbled Angelfish

Black Angelfish

Gold Angelfish

·
Registered
706 Posts
They're gorgeous! And they're in your community tank? :?: Or are they by themselves in another tank? Great photos!

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, blue gourami.
Oh, in the community tank, of course.:wink: With the death of the neons, predation won't happened too easily. If you get them used to the other fish, predation won't really happened in the future unless you introduced small tetras again. But I have no plans to buy any more tetras. Discus will be the last fish for my community tank. Then I'll get another tank and try to fill it with altums or torpedo barbs. If both are not available, I'll try to get more discus then.:)

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discus are gorgeous, perhaps the cadillac of all cichlids:) i have seen discuss in stores, in the same tank as angels before; i also saw discus in with clown loaches, and saw angels (big ones) in with silver dollars. I love your black angels. My problem is, I bought 3 angels, but two died, and the one that survived is large and used to being alone, so I can't put anything with him (just bottom feeders); which is why he lives in a 7 gallon hexagon aquarium now, with just a small cory cat for company :(

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
blue_gourami45 said:
Discus are gorgeous, perhaps the cadillac of all cichlids:) i have seen discuss in stores, in the same tank as angels before; i also saw discus in with clown loaches, and saw angels (big ones) in with silver dollars. I love your black angels. My problem is, I bought 3 angels, but two died, and the one that survived is large and used to being alone, so I can't put anything with him (just bottom feeders); which is why he lives in a 7 gallon hexagon aquarium now, with just a small cory cat for company :(
Thanks, blue_gourami45. Long time I haven't post here.:mrgreen:
Angelfish will often require you a tank with a height of 18 inches minimum. 3 angelfish for 30 gallons.

If you like altums, definitely 24 inches height minimum of the tank.

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
dprUsh83 said:
I love the black angelfish.....can you mix all of these angelfish in the same tank?
Hi dprUsh83,
Yes. Different strains but that doesn't matter. They are still the same species, Pterophyllum scalare.

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
dprUsh83 said:
They all look fantastic! :D
Thanks, dprUsh83.:mrgreen: I have replied in your thread "Decorations" and added the fish issue.
3 angelfish will fit in your tank but you need to remove the current fish in your tank first due to space and compatibility issues.

Oh, and those pics were taken last August so they may not be what they look like in the pics. In the pics, they don't have the tail extensions(the lyre tail tips). At present, they have and the fins are already longer than the ones in the pics.

·
Registered
8 Posts
here are some of my scalars.....

the 2 adults ( who recently spawned!)

and the 4 juveniles

these pics are a bit outdated now though they have grown quite a bit since then!

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nice pics.:mrgreen:
You have a mix of gold and koi angels. Very nice collection.:blueyay:

·
Registered
620 Posts
Hey everyone here's a picture of one of my 2 black angels. They look the exact same and I only have one updated photo ATM. Here he is!
Black Lace Angelfish

It can be hard to see because he's a black angel but if you look at the monitor in the right way than you can get the full look. Well, it could just be me ;)

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nice angelfish there, Nick.:mrgreen:
Not black angel, but black lace angelfish.:)

·
Registered
620 Posts
Awww thanks! :oops:

1 - 20 of 139 Posts