Tropical Fish Keeping banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Nice dwarfs. Those are all males. The females are kind of a drab brown color.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Yeah. I knew the females were more drab than that with the wild type coloring. I wasn't sure once you got to the color morphs if that was the case or not. Damn. I'd like a female now.

They all get along though, believe it or not.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Here is Blue, the second

admiring herself in the aquarium glass

·
Registered
890 Posts
\Hi i was just wandering if any1 knew if ther were any colour differances betwwen the male and female honey gourami, and dwarf gourami??

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Check the fish profiles and they will tell you how to sex them. You can click on the shaded name of the fish in your post or go to the top of the page and click on "Tropical fish Profiles". There is a picture of a male and female Honey Gourami in the profile. For the Dwarf the males are more colorful (there is a pic of a male in the profile) and the females are much plainer in color.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Ok thank you, the honey goramis in my shop dont seem to look exacrlt like thst??

·
Registered
405 Posts
Ok thank you, the honey goramis in my shop dont seem to look exacrlt like thst??
they are probably stressed. fish never look the same in the shop as in an aquarium. or they may be wrongly identfied...do you think they would mind if you took some pictures of the gouramis? it would help to see them.
oh and theres also a fair bit of variation in colour etc.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I was gunna take some pics of the gouramis, plecos, corys, and guppys and post them in a new thread??

·
Registered
890 Posts
They dont i saw this lady go round with full flash on and took some picsof nearly every fish!! I will probably go a bit later as its half eight in the morning here!!

·
Registered
405 Posts
They dont i saw this lady go round with full flash on and took some picsof nearly every fish!! I will probably go a bit later as its half eight in the morning here!!
hehe :) flash can make fish look weird, you probably don't need it if you have steady hands. what kind of camera do u have and can you control things like the exposure etc. ?

·
Registered
890 Posts
I know its sounds silly but ill either use my phone or i took or my other photos using my nintendo dsi

·
Registered
405 Posts
I know its sounds silly but ill either use my phone or i took or my other photos using my nintendo dsi
nope not silly at all, phones can take great pics :) although fish that move around a lot will come out blurry :-? good luck, can't wait to see what u get!

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Here is another picture of my beautiful Blue.

I really like this fish but I wish that Gourami would get along better with each other. I would love to have a few more of them in my tank. :|

·
Registered
405 Posts
I really like this fish but I wish that Gourami would get along better with each other. I would love to have a few more of them in my tank. :|
me too :( although i'm hooked on bettas now, which is kind of even worse...i'm going to have to have a betta sorority!

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
At least you have the option for a sorority. In the Gourami, mine at least were just as aggressive as females together. One of my female Gold killed 2 of the other ones. Now I only have 1. I don't want to risk another death in my tank. The aggression was getting out of hand and she was starting to go after other fish in the tank as well. Not my goal as a hobby fish keeper.

·
Registered
405 Posts
At least you have the option for a sorority. In the Gourami, mine at least were just as aggressive as females together. One of my female Gold killed 2 of the other ones. Now I only have 1. I don't want to risk another death in my tank. The aggression was getting out of hand and she was starting to go after other fish in the tank as well. Not my goal as a hobby fish keeper.
the one that killed one of the others was big bertha wasn't it? i saw your posts about her and the photo. such a lovely-looking fish...such an unlovely personality...:|

·
Registered
264 Posts
That blue is fantastic looking Inga! Look at the markings on the sides! He seems so happy and confident.

41 - 60 of 68 Posts