Tropical Fish Keeping banner

21 - 40 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks everyone. :)

Flattrack - the tank is 180 litres or around 39 gallons, I think it looks deeper because of the way it's planted.

Fishmom3 - it took me AGES to get a clear picture. Eventually I propped the camera up on a table in front of the tank and used the timer. :)

·
Registered
9,426 Posts
i'd like to say i think you have done a really great job,
your tanks are beautiful. :welldone:

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Last week I went out and got myself 8 black phantom tetras for the tank. I've been trying to photograph them, but they're so fast! Anyway, the only way I could capture them in the end was by using the flash....

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Nice pics, Kate.

I love Sid.:love: :welldone:

P.S. You haven't replied in my thread on new pics of blue rams.:squint: I always thought you like more pics of my rams.:crazy:

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Thanks Brie. Here's one of the corys digging about in the sand..

And.... 10 points if you can guess the fish :D

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
10 points to GuppyGirl :D

And here's a couple of older shots, firstly the sterbais and one of the small tank.

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
love_my_fish said:
How do you get such perfect pics of your corys!?!? Mine never stop moving! Love the sandy bottom.

:nicefish:
The only way I can get such clear photos is by stalking them for hours on end.. I just have to wait until they stop then get snapping as quickly as I can. :)

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Cory convoy.... there were four but I wasn't quick enough to snap them...

SID! Will you get out of the way!!

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Brie said:
Aw so cute! Sid is so funny :bluelaugh:
He is funny :D I'm sitting at the coffee table in front of the computer typing this on the laptop and he's staring out at me as usual. As soon as I enter the room he's there looking out.

I sometimes take him for walks (swims) around the tank by moving my finger along the glass. It's really funny to watch. :love:

·
Registered
891 Posts
Haha that is funny!
I saw some at the pet store the other day, and I was tempted to get one. . .maybe I will next time.
Are they good community fish?

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
In my opinion they are very good community fish, as long as they aren't kept with anything much larger or too boisterous.

The only thing is, they are very sensitive to water conditions. They will not tolerate nitrites at any level, and prefer soft, slightly acidic water. This is ideal for me, as I have a pH which sits around 6.4.

I think they are lovely fish, and they have great personalities.

·
Registered
198 Posts
i just realized that Sid is a gold ram. :oops: .... I was thinking he was a parrot cichlid or something -- he looks so round, but I think its the angles of the pics.... so cute!

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
love_my_fish said:
i just realized that Sid is a gold ram. :oops: .... I was thinking he was a parrot cichlid or something -- he looks so round, but I think its the angles of the pics.... so cute!
Hi love_my_fish,

Sid is a combination of gold and balloon strain. He still looks cute though.:love:

21 - 40 of 149 Posts