Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I’m Daniel and live in China right now because of the epidemic. A postgraduate from California State University and amateur breeder on the side.

As a nerd of the natural world, especially in the field of aquatic creatures, I am very fond of creating better environments for every fish I have and try to breed them as far as I can since I was a child. I try my best to keep the fish in good condition and form the habit of keep recording the water quality every day for many years. Currently, under the permission of Chinese government, I have already keep some locally endangered species in my tank, breeding them, and then set them back to the place where they live with the aid of the local institutions. Personally, the fish I like best is the Cornish Jack. It’s cool, isn’t it?

Apart from the fish, the terrestrial decapods appeal to me a lot. During the two years I stay in China, I have found China a massive reservoir of decapod species. However, the habitat exploitation and recent pet trade conspire to put the number of Chinese crabs in sharp decrease. Worse still, unlike that of America, the life habits of many local crabs here is yet to be uncovered. So I decided to take up the job of land crab-breeding a couple of months ago in hope of finding the habits of them. Some progressive accomplishments have been made till now in terms of the reproduction of Geograpsus crinipes. Hoping this could make a difference to the protection of land crabs.

As the National Geographic writes ‘We are always on a mission to explore’, to which I can’t agree more. Sure of course, there are many things waiting for us to discover, to try, and to realize. If you are also a lover of nature, feel free to contact me, it’s my honor to communicate and share experience with you guys.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Hello, I’m Daniel and live in China right now because of the epidemic. A postgraduate from California State University and amateur breeder on the side.

As a nerd of the natural world, especially in the field of aquatic creatures, I am very fond of creating better environments for every fish I have and try to breed them as far as I can since I was a child. I try my best to keep the fish in good condition and form the habit of keep recording the water quality every day for many years. Currently, under the permission of Chinese government, I have already keep some locally endangered species in my tank, breeding them, and then set them back to the place where they live with the aid of the local institutions. Personally, the fish I like best is the Cornish Jack. It’s cool, isn’t it?

Apart from the fish, the terrestrial decapods appeal to me a lot. During the two years I stay in China, I have found China a massive reservoir of decapod species. However, the habitat exploitation and recent pet trade conspire to put the number of Chinese crabs in sharp decrease. Worse still, unlike that of America, the life habits of many local crabs here is yet to be uncovered. So I decided to take up the job of land crab-breeding a couple of months ago in hope of finding the habits of them. Some progressive accomplishments have been made till now in terms of the reproduction of Geograpsus crinipes. Hoping this could make a difference to the protection of land crabs.

As the National Geographic writes ‘We are always on a mission to explore’, to which I can’t agree more. Sure of course, there are many things waiting for us to discover, to try, and to realize. If you are also a lover of nature, feel free to contact me, it’s my honor to communicate and share experience with you guys.
Glad to have you Dan, love the story. 👍 💯

1 - 3 of 3 Posts