Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do not have the resources for the mass amount of fry that guppies would produce, so I purchased 6 male guppies for my 10gal heavily planted tank. Theres lots of plants (take a look in my aquarium), but Im still wondering if its safe/not too stressful for them to be living together?

Also, the guy at the LFS told me they have low bioload, but with 6 guppies and a mystery snail AqAdvisor already says im at 105%... hmm.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yeah as long as the males were all added together they should be fine. Pretty soon they might establish a pecking order so don't be alarmed if they get a little aggressive for a while, just make sure none of them is being harassed. Aqadvisor IS VERY accurate in my opinion I use it for all my tank and it sounds like 6 fish for a 10 gallon and a snail sounds about stocked to me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also have a 10g tank that currently has 4 male guppies. They seem to be getting along just fine. It looks like that they're playing with each other but nothing harmful. I plan on getting 2 more males within a couple of weeks bringing the total to 6.

I used Aqadvisor and told me that 6 guppies is overstocked at 101%. I'm not too worried since I keep up with my weekly water changes and I have the Aquaclear 30 filter. This filter has done a fantastic job in keeping my the water parameters in check as well as crystal clear. Good luck with your fish!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I also have a 10g tank that currently has 4 male guppies. They seem to be getting along just fine. It looks like that they're playing with each other but nothing harmful. I plan on getting 2 more males within a couple of weeks bringing the total to 6.

I used Aqadvisor and told me that 6 guppies is overstocked at 101%. I'm not too worried since I keep up with my weekly water changes and I have the Aquaclear 30 filter. This filter has done a fantastic job in keeping my the water parameters in check as well as crystal clear. Good luck with your fish!

Aquaclear's are the best filters I have two 70's on my 60 gallon and one 50 on my 20 gallon and these filters are the best and last forever. Yeah if your at 101% and your usin Aquaclear filters I wouldn't be too worried about it either brotha.

·
Registered
182 Posts
theyre not... um... playing with each other. they didnt find any female guppes so now theyre trying to have sex with other males

·
Registered
102 Posts
Right now, I have 105 guppies in a 15g aquarium and the water is stabilized and clean all the time. So far, I see no deaths. Need to take a pic to show everyone.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Aquaclear's are the best filters I have two 70's on my 60 gallon and one 50 on my 20 gallon and these filters are the best and last forever. Yeah if your at 101% and your usin Aquaclear filters I wouldn't be too worried about it either brotha.
And I can vouch for those filters. have an aquaclear 150(old name for the 30) 15 years old an still works
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 8 of 8 Posts