Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and I just wanted to say there is a lot of good information provided by you all.

My question is about the brownish (little specs of brown algae on glass) algae on the glass. I am unable to scrub it off with my algae scrubber - does anyone have any remedies for getting this stuff off?? I like to keep the front of my tank clear for viewing and this brownish algae just started to appear recently, anyone have experience with this? Any input is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Yes its a glass tank. Its been running since the beginning of Sept. Weekly water changes of 7 gal (55 gal tank).

Amonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 0
Temp: 78.3
pH: 8.2

Its just little specs of brown algae that just came on all of a sudden. I haven't had the lights on since I took the fish out for hyposalinity treatment for ich.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Check your phosphates. It's probably just regular ol algae that wasn't scraped away daily. It gets more and more difficult the longer it's on there. I have a problem with on my silicone seem. Nowhere else. Just seems really tough to get it out of there. You can try using a clean razor blade to scrape it off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts