Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I use the Top Fin 8000 air pump to run 6 sponge filters, 4 for 20g and 2 for 40g, using some T connections?

·
Registered
679 Posts
I'm not fimiliar with the brand of pump, but as stated above you will need gang valves. I would get a set of five and connect it to a set of three valves. That way if you have a problem you can run a corner filter or extra sponge. I use sponges in all my tanks, 20 (+) and always have extra connections and sponges getting seasoned up. I also run two sponges for a week and move the extra one down to the next tank.

If you want a pump that has more than enough power, is not loud at all, allows for expansion and a good value get a Ponf Master 40. These pumps are great for deep water applications, you know that 125gal you will eventually buy. I use a Pond Master 100 in my fishroom, but I have run the entire operation with two 40s. I ran two larger kiddie type swimming pools and two 175gal vats outside this summer with a Pond Master 40 using sponges and extra air lines for water movement. I could have likely ran two to three more of either type pools if I wanted.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Opps, forgot to tell you place the pump well above the top of the tanks. People, well at least me, like to cheat and place the pump lower. That deceases the preasure.

·
Registered
319 Posts
you will experience a head pressure loss through the gang valve but it should be minimal.. also.. a check valve is a good idea... and mandatory if you place the pump lower than the tanks...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts