Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to say. I lost 3 fifteen year old silver dollars today. They were male and hassling our 25 year old females and causing so much stress to them. I decided to move them out. I didn't do water parameter tests on the other tank as it was running with Corries. They died within 3 hours. My tank unbeknown to me had crashed with virtually no oxygen the Corries were okay but silver dollars had no chance. I am so annoyed with myself for being so cock sure of myself after keeping fish for about 30 years not to have tested the water, rookie mistake.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I am SO sorry for your loss! My 8 year old saltwater angelfish should have lived 12 years but they only lived 8 because I didn't add enough salt during a water change! :( I LOVE the fish hobby and have been in it for 20 years now ever since I was 6 and stuffed 5 neon tetras in a 2.5 gallons tank. (I learned my lesson after they all died to give them a bigger tank) I plan to be in this hobby forever and I undderstand your loss because it feels like they are members of the family.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am new to start keeping fish, I don't have much experience and afraid will make mistakes.
I hope I can learn from you guys! Your experience will provide great help for newbies.
And sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry. Hurts so bad...I've unexpectantly lost favorite fish too. Guess if you're in the hobby long enough....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts