Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I recently just bought an African Cichlid from my nearby Petco and this is my first time caring for this particular fish. I've been trying to do my research and find the variation of Cichlid I bought however I have not found anything that matches the appearance of mine? The fish I bought is grey (perhaps the colors haven't come out yet?) with black stripes along its body and then a very prominent yellow dot on its anal fin. I have also been having trouble determining the sex of my fish. He/she is about 3-4 inches in length.. is a 5 gallon tank good enough for it's size up to adulthood? This is the closest picture online that I could find to its appearance. Please help, Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi, I recently just bought an African Cichlid from my nearby Petco and this is my first time caring for this particular fish. I've been trying to do my research and find the variation of Cichlid I bought however I have not found anything that matches the appearance of mine? The fish I bought is grey (perhaps the colors haven't come out yet?) with black stripes along its body and then a very prominent yellow dot on its anal fin. I have also been having trouble determining the sex of my fish. He/she is about 3-4 inches in length.. is a 5 gallon tank good enough for it's size up to adulthood? This is the closest picture online that I could find to its appearance. The finds in front of the anal fins are not accurate but it seems everything else relatively is...Please help, Thanks View attachment 843845

1 - 2 of 2 Posts