Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey folks happy wednesday! lol :lol::lol:

So I am building my hardware list for my 90G that will be coming soon and I wanted to get your opinions on circulation pumps.

I am planning on using a Fluval fx6 which has a good GPH of about 560, but as I am going to add a turbo twist UV so this may reduce slightly.

Regardless I am going to have one Fluval E 300W heater and I am thinking of adding a Hydor Nano 240 GPH circ pump just to keep the flow moving.

Do you think the 240 is enough, too much or not enough?

I was looking to stock card tetra's, cory's, dwf rams, angles and clwn loach.

thanks in advance for any comments.. :-D

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Clown loaches get too large for a 90g look into yoyos and angelicus loaches. I would say it's enough but you could always try it and take it back? :dunno:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, understand wrt the loaches, they just have a lot of history with my previous tanks and the kids ;) I can always sell them on when they get too big.
I will look into the yoyos and angelicus though too.

And thanks for your comments on the pump.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I would probably put one 240 on each side.

There is also zebras and skunk loaches. But clowns will be fine, as temporary fish.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would probably put one 240 on each side.

There is also zebras and skunk loaches. But clowns will be fine, as temporary fish.
Posted via Mobile Device
thanks for the other species suggestions, on the note of having 2 pumps would that not result in too much flow? I was going to put this on the opposite side of the filter output?

thanks

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Well i would point one up and get some more surface movement and have the other one do across the middle. So it would be sort of a cross flow. The nano 240 arent to powerful. So IMO it would be fine.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well i would point one up and get some more surface movement and have the other one do across the middle. So it would be sort of a cross flow. The nano 240 arent to powerful. So IMO it would be fine.
Posted via Mobile Device
ok cool, thx for your input tankman and Flint. :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts