Tropical Fish Keeping banner

Adding more fish to a Platy tank?

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  henningc 
#1 ·
I currently have 4 adult Platys and a large Platy fry, along with a Clown Pleco and a Zebra Loach in my 30 gal. Is there room for any more fish that are compatible with what I already have? If so what are they? Any help is much appreciated :-D

#4 ·
If I am understanding it, there is one fish being referred to as fry right? Keep in mind platys have a significant bioload, they poop tons if feed correctly. If my first understanding is correct the answer is YES. Now comes the difficult part, what types of other fish can be added. A small school of cherry barbs, say 6 or 4 rosy barbs would look very nice. White clouds would also work in a small school.

Don't get any schooling fish that are fast movers, danios and things like that are just too busy. Don't get any fin nippers like tiger barbs or large tetras. I strongly suggest you make a short list of fish that interest you and post it here to get feedback. People here try their best to avise the new folks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.