Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently lost all but one of my fancy goldfish in my 60 gallon tank. (Posted about it last week. ) and I'm a little concerned for the remaining fish because he's all alone for the first time. I picked out four new fish from my trusted LFS but they have visible signs of anchor worms.

LFS is treating and I won't bring them home until there are no signs. Fish have been in the fish store for 2 weeks so I am fairly confident that there are no other illnesses and if there were the treatment that they are getting should fix them. I won't be bringing them home for another week.

I'd really like to add them to my tank when I bring them home but I am trying to decide how stupid that is. I have a UV filter set up on it and plan on increasing the salinity in the water.

I don't have a quarantine tank big enough to house them, plus I am worried being alone for another two weeks will stress out my remaining guy.

Am I totally insane and stupid? I am not worried about bringing in anchor worms, because the fish have been treated and I won't transfer any water.

Advice please.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would put him into a quarantine tank if you are bringing him home.If you dont have a quarantine tank I think it woukd be fine to take him home.I just think the quarantine tank is for extra measures.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts