Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been having a problem when attaching the Python pump to my kitchen faucet. It takes several attempts to get the pump nut on the faucet adapter without cross threading it. Consequently I get water all over the sink and between the sink and the fridge, I was cruising Amazon's Pet Supply web site and found a quick connect connector made by Python the goes between the faucet adapter and the pump. I have used it twice for my WC. No more multiple attempts to attach the Python to the faucet and still water all over the place. Plus a lot less frustration fighting with the multiple attempts to connect. It was sure worth the money spent.

I don't know how to add a link to the post or I would have put it in here. Sorry for my inability.

The Python part Number is #47 or 49.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Sounds like a good solution. I had the same issue, worried about cross-threading the Python. Purchased a metal faucet end/adapter at the local hardware store, added a metal quick-connect to the Python and the faucet, works great. Probably too bulky for anything but a workshop faucet though... Would not look good in the kitchen!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like a good solution. I had the same issue, worried about cross-threading the Python. Purchased a metal faucet end/adapter at the local hardware store, added a metal quick-connect to the Python and the faucet, works great. Probably too bulky for anything but a workshop faucet though... Would not look good in the kitchen!
Since the quick connect adaptor solved the cross threading problem I just attach the upper portion when I do a WC. I also have a PUR brand filter attached to the faucet which I have to remove when I do a WC.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts