Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I thought I would put up some of my fish as I will not have them much longer. They are great don't get me wrong, but after months of research my husband and I have decided to convert my 55gallon into a Marine Reef tank. So very soon I will be giving back my fish to my lfs where I purchased them. I am sure they will be fine I have a very good lfs been in business over 25yrs.

Two Oscars
Bichir
Two clown knife

Well here they are

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Hi llaustin,
Your fish are nice. I understand you'll be moving to the Marines.
Good luck with the next challenge.:)

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes Blue we are going to the marine side soon.. Very excited about it. Should be a learning experience all its own.

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
That's nice, llaustin. Again, good luck.
I used to keep salties myself but it lasted only 2 years.

·
Banned
1,591 Posts
llaustin,
Just some advice, take your time doing it. I switched about 2 years ago. What setup are you doing reef/FOSW.

·
Registered
168 Posts
:D Gorgeous fish. How can you bear parting parting with the oscar though? Mine is a real pet i can actually play with.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
usmc121581 said:
llaustin,
Just some advice, take your time doing it. I switched about 2 years ago. What setup are you doing reef/FOSW.
Trust me we are taking our time have been researching and talking about it for a while now not really planning on haveing everything done till late this year early next year. We are planning on a Marine reef set up. Calm fish thinking of blenny, pair of clowns and maybe some firefish. Just a nice relaxing tank to watch.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oceane said:
:D Gorgeous fish. How can you bear parting parting with the oscar though? Mine is a real pet i can actually play with.
I do like my O's but the knife fish are my favorite and they are gonna be the hardest to give up. But I look at it this way a reef set up is so much more interesting and there is so much to learn about them and watching things grow and it is just a completely different fish experience. I know the whole family will enjoy the experience not just me and thats what counts.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I don't understand why you would get rid of the current tank....why not just setup a new one? That way you can have the best of both worlds.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jsm11482 said:
I don't understand why you would get rid of the current tank....why not just setup a new one? That way you can have the best of both worlds.
I would love to trust me but.. 1 major factor we live in an apartment no more room for another tank as we have 5 going at the moment and 2 of them are 55 gallon. :)

·
Registered
707 Posts
Good point - so just get the next-door apartment for all of your fish! :wink: I am in a similar situation (well, I guess only because I am currently in an apartment)....but I have 0 tanks at the moment. Cant wait to set up my new 90gal that i just ordered!

·
Registered
706 Posts
Wow, that must be difficult, but they are sure to find good homes. I, too, would like to try saltwater fish, but don't really want the live reef. We have one at the office I work at, 180 gallon, and the fish are very colourful but with the living reef it seems like a lot of maintenance. Salt water fish are the most gorgeous, though; you can't beat the colours. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts