Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there! I wanted to ask for help as I set up two tanks, both freshwater, one cold water and one tropical.
In the cold water tank I want to have guppies, golden white cloud minnows, reticulated hilstream loaches and zebra danios. However, there is a problem. This is in a 40 gallon and according to my gallon to inch rule I should have just enough space for my fish. So what could be the problem? Guppies. Guppies breed. What do I do with extra guppies? Well, that leads to tank two.
Tank two would have 2 rope fish, a fire eel, a black ghost knife fish, 2 dojo loaches and 6 silver dollars. I plan on housing them in a 150+ gallon tank. Is this too small? If it is I can get a bigger tank.
My plan? Use breeding guppies to feed the fish in the larger tank. It may be cruel, but I'd rather they have a use rather than be cruel and let the tank get overstocked or have to kill off the guppies in a cruel fashion.
So, I just need a second opinion on my tank set ups, compatibillity, and the use of guppies to feed the other tank. Can anyone help?

·
Registered
268 Posts
I'm pretty sure the danios and minnows will eat the babies before they can even grow...so you may not have to do that haha.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts