Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this tank was the first one my husband bought. we've had it for about 5 years. we've changed the look since then but it's been like this for probably 2 years at least. this tank is a wonder. we have alot of fish in there and it never has a problem. we put an aquaclear for a 30g on the back recently since we got a canister for our 30g. we never lose a fish out of here unless it's old, never any desease or algea. it's in our living roomand anyone who comes over always stops to get lost in all the color and tranquility for at least a few minutes.

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
Lovely tank squiggles, very natural and serene looking. What is the plant to the right hand side of the picture?

·
Registered
98 Posts
what do u have stocked in there? how big and how old are your tigers?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes they are live plants, they grow so fast that we've been able to plant many tanks from them just to keep it pruned. i can't remember the name of that plant but i'll try to figure it out

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
neon tetras, glowlight tetras, rummynoses, kooli loach, corydora, gold dwarf gourami, tiger barbs (temporay until they're big enough to survive in the 30g), swordtails (which had babies), one terta that i'm not sure about that i got when my mom desmantled her tank, another tetra that i'm not sure of...guppies...and i think that's it. i know it sounds absolutley insane and inpossible and even i don't understand it. obviously we have to get rid of babies as the fish have them but it's the healthyest tank. it's crazy! :shock:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Nice 10g squiggles. Like the set up. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
620 Posts
squiggles said:
neon tetras, glowlight tetras, rummynoses, kooli loach, corydora, gold dwarf gourami, tiger barbs (temporay until they're big enough to survive in the 30g), swordtails (which had babies), one terta that i'm not sure about that i got when my mom desmantled her tank, another tetra that i'm not sure of...guppies...and i think that's it. i know it sounds absolutley insane and inpossible and even i don't understand it. obviously we have to get rid of babies as the fish have them but it's the healthyest tank. it's crazy! :shock:
This answers your question ' Tiger barb ' :D :D

Love the setup very natural looking. Little tanks are nice because a little plant in a big tank and fill up nice area in a small tank and look really good. Good job on the tank. The green gravel actually blends in really well with the plants. Knowing your stock, how offen do you do water changes/gravel vac? Filter Change? Just wonder ing ;)
Good job :D

Nick

·
Registered
1 Posts
Where can I get one?

I've been looking for that tank for forever...a 15G tall with black seals. I can't find them anywhere and I have SEARCHED!
Any suggestions?
Thanks

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Re: Where can I get one?

davidold said:
I've been looking for that tank for forever...a 15G tall with black seals. I can't find them anywhere and I have SEARCHED!
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Hi and welcome aboard, David.:wave:

Wouldn't it be best to pick other tanks? Designs don't really matter at all. Any tank is good enough.:) The rule is the bigger the tank, the better when starting one.:)
Oh, and it would be best if you make a new thread about your questions rather than posting them in other members' threads as this can lead to hijacking or diversion from the original topic.:)

Regards,
Blue

·
Registered
236 Posts
Lovely tank and fish, it is, as other people have said, amazing what you can do with a fairly small tank. Any updated pics (as you say in the original post the tank is no longer like that)?? Thanks. I look forward to more pics!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks for all the encouraging posts> :) as for water changes for a while it only needed it every 2 weeks but after the barbs and a tetra and female guppy (uh oh) were added it was stepped up to every week, i can't remember if i put it but we have an aqua clear 200 on it so that helps with such a large bio load. i'll try to get some decent pics up soon.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts