Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Just bought a Procambarus Clarkii ( a white louisiana crayfish)
100_5357.jpg
100_5363.jpg
I switched him tank this morning and he now shares a 10g with a single male platy.

I added him to my 55g friday evening and all seemed good enough.
Went to bed and first thing i know when i woke up was that all my anachranis were ALL cut at least in half. Lollll
ALLThe other plants were all floating arround but uncut and nice.

I replanted them all and watch him climbimg them and still shreading them apart.
100_5354.jpg

Even with green vegies he would prefer to chew on anachranis....

This guys is to amazing to look at i decided not to return it and keep him in my qt 10g for now... Till i get a plantless setup.

I might also try to use the 10g to find plants that the cray will not feed on..... Now testing some plants and will report what i find out.

Bye for now

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah well ive been reading on them for the last week or so and i was expecting thet to happen... Some story were all went good with plants and others were the cray would eat them all... I had to take a chance ;-)

It realy is cool to watch walk arround and grab for any food left overs and vegetable i feed him with.
Very nice creature.

·
Administrator
9,804 Posts
I'd keep him and let him keep trimming the plants :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Trimming plants is fine, but shreading them does quite a mess on the substrat and also, its destroying my fry hide outs...

It was a show to watch when my chinese alges eater realised that he had to share his territory with a crayfish. The cray snaped him once and war was over as fast as it started. They both agree on the cave they would call their own.

Its a shame... I think i will rearrange my 55g with floating plants and put the guy back in...
I have to fix that. They realy are cool to watch interact with fishies :-D

·
Administrator
9,804 Posts
Trimming plants is fine, but shreading them does quite a mess on the substrat and also, its destroying my fry hide outs...

It was a show to watch when my chinese alges eater realised that he had to share his territory with a crayfish. The cray snaped him once and war was over as fast as it started. They both agree on the cave they would call their own.

Its a shame... I think i will rearrange my 55g with floating plants and put the guy back in...
I have to fix that. They realy are cool to watch interact with fishies :-D
Yeah - I was just making a lame joke :-D I think the crayfish is awesome!

Reactions: encountr
1 - 7 of 7 Posts