Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well iv reduced the population in my aquairium, sold my 4 x opaline gouramis, 3 x golden gouramis and a gbnp.

So now i have congo tetras, rummynose tetras, neon tetras, harlequin rasboras, bronze corys, yoyo loach, cherry red shrimps and assasin snails.

Should i keep the community at this and maybe increase the shoals a little or could you suggest something to go with them.

The aquarium is a 100gal dirted and planted

·
Registered
679 Posts
Just keep an eye on the loach and shrimp population. How many fish in each shoal do you have now? Unless you have huge numbers to can increase the size-number-of fish in the current shoals or get some additional types. I'd look at the top water region and add fish there. You could add a group of say 8-10 Endlers males to break up the color and movement. If you add maybe two additional female Endlers you will create your own live food source. Same thing on the live food if you go with Least Killies-they are not colorful. If you do consider livebearers, stay away from mollys as they really do need some salt. A few of the pigmy gouramis, like croaking gouramies would also add some contrast. The pigmys are not nearly as aggressive as the gouramis you just got rid of.

If you want another shoal, I'd get 6-8 cherry barbs, half regulor half albino. You could actually go 10-12.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts