24" Aqueon T5 Dual lamp
30" Aqueon T5 Dual lamp
Marineland penguin power filter 200

Temp: 75.4
Ph: 6.8
Ammonia: 0ppm
Nitrites: 0ppm
Nitrates: 5-10ppm

I have been dosing API CO2 booster once a day, API Leaf Zone twice a week (half doses), and Flourish once a week for about 3 maybe 4 weeks now.

My anubias barteri, nana, dwarf hair grass are not doing so well. Any thoughts?

What kind of plant is this? ^

I'm looking into new lighting, any suggestions?

I've also been told to pull the anubias up a tad bit which, while typing this, reminded me to do that afterwards.

Thanks!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmm. I'm stumped. How old are your bulbs? Three are T5HO bulbs?
Posted via Mobile Device
I am too! I just tested the water again and other than a slight ph change, everything is the same. I'm doing a water change tomorrow.

No here is a link for the fixtures they are not HO

Aqueon T5 Dual Lamp

I feel like it is not enough light. The fish are fine so it doesn't seem to be a water issue. I would say nutrients but I dose so unless there is a crazy imbalance I am not aware of, that can't be it.

·
Registered
372 Posts
The API cO2 Booster is basically like Excel and you are using Flourish. Your lights seem ok to me though I use T5HO. I might suggest to replace one of the Colormax bulbs with another 6700K as this provides the light spectrum plants use for photosynthesis. Which sizes are you 6700K bulbs? Out of curiosity what kind of top do you have on the tank? Do you use a substrate fertilizer such as Seachem Flourish Root Tabs?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The API cO2 Booster is basically like Excel and you are using Flourish. Your lights seem ok to me though I use T5HO. I might suggest to replace one of the Colormax bulbs with another 6700K as this provides the light spectrum plants use for photosynthesis. Which sizes are you 6700K bulbs? Out of curiosity what kind of top do you have on the tank? Do you use a substrate fertilizer such as Seachem Flourish Root Tabs?
it's the hood that came with the tank I believe the whole kit was topfin it was a long time ago that I got this thank.

24inch and 30 inch t5. I plan on getting an aquatic life t5ho for the tank and using the old 24 inch for a 10 gallon

·
Registered
372 Posts
Strange. Your light is making its way into the tank. I asked for pictures because I had a top on my tank that allowing light to make the inside visible but blocking light to allow plants to photosynthesize. Now I am really stumped.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.