Cory punctatus

·
Registered
455 Posts
nice fish like your oscar and phantom, they're very clear pictures

·
Registered
620 Posts
Awesome pictures. What mode on your camera are you using? Macro. No flash? Just wondering :D

Nick

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nick said:
Awesome pictures. What mode on your camera are you using? Macro. No flash? Just wondering :D

Nick
I am using the standard 18-55 lens with the flash on.It is on auto as I am a novice with cameras

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
porksnorkel said:
nice pics mon. are u using R/O water, or is ur tap just that good?
Hi Kevin
I don't use R/O on any fish except the marines...What I do is run all my water through peat overnight to bring down the Ph from 8.3 to 7.4 and the diff it has made on the fish since I have done this is huge. My water used to be really good here but I started having some problems with more than normal losses,I done all the normal checks and everything seemed to be ok....I started checking my ph test kits 5 in total and every one of them gave me a diff reading :shock: so I bought myself a electronic sera meter and that was showing a complete 1.0 diff to the liquid and dip strips... So I sent it back to Sera to get changed and they sent it back to me saying there was no fault! hmmmm what the f*** is going on here? So!! I started checking all my tanks electronically and :shock: all my tanks were 8.3 no bloody wonder the fish were falling over

·
Registered
185 Posts
good info derek. makes me wonder how far off my test strips are. not that i actually pull em out very often. assuming mine work, it sounds like my water is close to urs in ph and probably buffer. how much and how often do u swap ur peat moss? i ask cause i really would like to keep discus.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
porksnorkel said:
good info derek. makes me wonder how far off my test strips are. not that i actually pull em out very often. assuming mine work, it sounds like my water is close to urs in ph and probably buffer. how much and how often do u swap ur peat moss? i ask cause i really would like to keep discus.
We fill a Eheim 2224 full of peat and that is run in 750 ltrs every night for the next days w/changes...The only thing that discus can't take is any ammonia and they also don't do well in water with over 20ppm nitrate

1 - 17 of 17 Posts