Tropical Fish Keeping banner

41 - 60 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Java fern intentionally went missing! Is the only plant that isn't there now. The rest haven't died or melted. The C.Pontederiifolia is the only plant that doesn't seem to be handling the change to well. It hasn't melted but doesn't seem to be rooting or anything!

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Btw Jes you know that last two shots of my Anubias isn't the Coffeefolia!!??! Don't know the name of that one! *Scratches head*

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
LOL! WHOOPS! I should have picked up on the difference in leaf shape - I have that plant. *derp* Was too excited over the pretty new leaf! But. But. But. . .its tan??! *ish confused* Maybe we need to see more pictures of it to be POSITIVE! ^.~

I hope your C. Pontederiifolia starts doing something soon - such a gorgeous plant (don't have that one, ish jealous!) - they're SUCH gorgeous plants, and stunning grown emersed (IMHO!)

So happy that things are going so well in there! Emersed *seems* so far to be far more easy than either of us thought! ^.^

Time for ferts yet?

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
There's pretty much new growth on everything in there other then the dwarf sag and c.pontederiifolia (which doesn't seem to be doing anything! O.O its also the one plant I wanted to take off!).

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Got some fertilizer today and added it the water is mist with today. Gave them a lil spray with it. Soo will see how they response to it.

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
It really looks good in there, John!!!
Sunset Hygro IS gorgeous, and soooo easy to grow dry - like being pulled from the water doesn't even phase it! . . . you should dump a piece of WaterSprite in, too!

How's that pretty Coffeefolia??! ^.~

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
now THAT is a pretty new leaf! ^.^
I love that shot, John, really lets you see whats going on in there. It looks so GOOOOOD!

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #53 (Edited)
So its been lil while since I updated this thread. Not much has changed other then growth! LoL

To start here is a full tank shot of it (Yes the background is gone. I moved it to my betta tank as it was driving me crazy it that that tank didn't have one and thought the emersed tank didn't really need one.).

As you can see not lots of growth but there is some. Just about every plant has new leaves on it now. In the case of the stems they all have several new shots.

In the first pic (not sure why the heck my phone turns them upside down! :frustrated:) you can see lots of shots from the Ludwigia. I have actually trimmed some off and planted them and it shot off new ones since.

This is the Dwarf Sag. It has put off several new runners and leaves on some of the plants. If you look at the top of the pic at the glass. Just right at the dirt lvl you can see a small green pointed leaf. Thats actually a new runner just now starting to make it out of the dirt.

Another stem of Ludwigia thats on the side of the tank that has gone crazy too.

Think this is umm Crypt Nevilli. It has put off several new leaves too.

Hygro Sunset and some Lugwigia that I planted close together.

Crypt wendtti not sure the type really but it has put off several new leaves. In this pic you can see a new leaf that has opened.

Crypt umm lutea bad pic sorry but there is actually two plants there and both are doing really well. These two are the about the biggest in the tank other then the anubias.

Speaking of Anubais here is a pic of one

Anubias Coffeefolia

This naughty plant was hiding a new leaf from me!!!!

Anubias barteri var. glabra has one leave turning yellow soo I guess this would be the first plant to lose a leaf. So do I leave it or cut it?

Oh why do emersed Anubiases put off furry roots!!????? SEE

Crypt Pontederiifolia

Not the best pic here sorry but it looks to be putting out a new leaf??? Finally???

My Java fern windelov also has two new leaves it looks like but they look really different from the submerged leaves. Is that normal for that plant?

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Looking good! Wish I knew what to tell you about the anubias, but I've never had that happen before. Honestly I was busy staring at your stems, being jealous of the sunset Hygro, and imaganing that whole tank filled with a whole bunch of different stems.

Is that normal with the windelov? Never pay much attention to it in my aquarium. For some reason I want to say the laciness only coming with age.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Looking good! Wish I knew what to tell you about the anubias, but I've never had that happen before. Honestly I was busy staring at your stems, being jealous of the sunset Hygro, and imaganing that whole tank filled with a whole bunch of different stems.

Is that normal with the windelov? Never pay much attention to it in my aquarium. For some reason I want to say the laciness only coming with age.
Haha well I only have those two types of stems soo they will have to do. Would love to have some different type that can grow emersed tho.

Thanks for the info on the windelov maybe you right might be an age thing.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Definitely have TWO NEW leaves growing on two of my Crypt Pontederiifolia plants!! :-D Out of all the plants in this tank this is the one I really wanted to see grow emersed! Soo FINALLY it has decided to do soo!!! Am soo excited to see it do so and hope it continues to do so!!!

20130927_190042.jpg

20130927_190034.jpg

·
Registered
9,426 Posts
the progression is really lovely to see :-D

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Sorry to be so long in catching up here (thanks for sneaking me pics on the fly to keep me in the loop, lol) It really is looking good, John! Of course, I finally come around posting when it's about time to start begging for an update, neh? ;)

SUPER excited for the new crypt leaf ^.^ How's it looking now?

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Sorry to be so long in catching up here (thanks for sneaking me pics on the fly to keep me in the loop, lol) It really is looking good, John! Of course, I finally come around posting when it's about time to start begging for an update, neh? ;)

SUPER excited for the new crypt leaf ^.^ How's it looking now?
The leaf looks the same! :frustrated: It refuses to open up!!!!!

41 - 60 of 98 Posts