Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
I have two tanks, one is cycling and one is a 5 gal (Soon to be upgraded)
430 Posts
The tank looks very cute. I would get about 3-4 more tetras to stop stress, I don't think that will be too many. I would also add 1 more cory catfish, they are very social but if any more it will definitely be way overstocked. Otherwise I think that it will be fine. Some close up pictures of it might help.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I think its just a little stressed out. It looks fine.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I don't support euthanizing fish unless it is clear they are under extreme pain. From the photos the fish only looks slightly stressed out. When i was about 6 (I didn't no any better) I made the same mistake but in a 2.5 gallon. I got 4 more and they were all fine. Yes, it was to tiny for them but they were all okay. This might not be an experience everybody has and gets the same results with but killing the fish is not a good option.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Hello, if the fish is still eating (Which I don't think was addressed in this situation) their is likely not a need for euthanizing a fish. I am okay with it AS LONG AS YOUR 99.9% CERTAIN THE FISH IS IN PAIN! I had to euthanize my betta fish a few months ago so don't go around accusing people that they don't know what they are talking about. I understand that your not saying the original poster has to euthanize the fish but your recommending things that aren't necessary whatsoever during the time and predicament the neon tetra is currently in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts