Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Thank you so much for posting these! This tank is even better in motion - they all look so happy and bright,(and entirely TOO CUTE!)!. . . and those plants!?

Love it!

·
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah!! They are so beautiful in motion! You do have a truly gorgeous tank and fish. Ranchu, ryukin, and orandas. Just too beautiful! I want to model my future 75 gal on your tank!
Do you say Ryukin because of the white fish with the red heart on her face? I have always thought she looked like a cross to me, since she has a small wen. She was sold to me as an oranda, but she definitely has strong ryukin traits.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I marvel at your ability to take pictures of them. Especially the black oranda on the black background with black sand! I can't even get mine to stay still long enough.

Do you say Ryukin because of the white fish with the red heart on her face? I have always thought she looked like a cross to me, since she has a small wen. She was sold to me as an oranda, but she definitely has strong ryukin traits.
She does have a small wen! I didn't notice it at first (partially because I was distracted by your ranchu :3 ). Honestly she looks a lot like my redcap oranda who never really grew a large wen (a mutt from the pet store). Either way, she's still adorable.

·
Administrator
5,465 Posts
Your tank is breath taking. Thank you so much for sharing with us.

Is that a new baby in quarantine? Going into this tank eventually? Woot!!

Oh and I can see the spots/stars on males's gill plates. Thanks for showing us that! I've been wanting to know what they look like since I heard about them.

Reactions: keepsmiling

·
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Your tank is breath taking. Thank you so much for sharing with us.

Is that a new baby in quarantine? Going into this tank eventually? Woot!!

Oh and I can see the spots/stars on males's gill plates. Thanks for showing us that! I've been wanting to know what they look like since I heard about them.
Thanks for the nice compliments. Yes, this new guy will be here soon.
If you don't mind me asking, where are you getting your new baby? I LOVE ranchu and want to get one when I can upgrade to a 75. Those faces!! I just melt for them!
This fish, and my other two ranchus, and blue oranda are from DO{Dandy Orandas} They have an auction that usually starts fridays at 8 p.m., and runs until sunday. There is also someone called ECR{east coast ranchus} that a lot of people are liking. From what I have seen of their fish though, the quality is just not there to me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts