Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 75g tank with two large goldfish (one is around 8" the other is around 6-7" - they were rescued from an abandoned backyard pond) and a common pleco. I'd like to get some more variety in the tank. I tried a school of about 10 danios but didn't like them getting constantly chased so I moved them (except one that I can't catch). What other species would be a good match to spice up the tank a bit?

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Are these common goldfish?

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are these common goldfish?
Yes, here they are in all their splendor:

(Complete with a neat reflection of the photographer, myself?)

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
If you don't want a reflection, I would suggest taking the picture at an angle to the glass. I'm not a photographer, so I'm sure there are other ways, but that's how I handle it.

they are big, and will only get bigger. And bigger. Goldfish eat anything, including small fish, so I don't think I would try to keep anything else with them, except maybe giant danios. If they were fancy goldfish you would have some more choices.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Goldfish eat anything, including small fish, so I don't think I would try to keep anything else with them, except maybe giant danios. If they were fancy goldfish you would have some more choices.
I was thinking Giant Danios too, I'll keep that in mind. Thanks.

Wow those are beautiful fish. I've never had much luck with goldfish (stupid flukes).
Yes, they're lovely. :) Thanks.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
They are very beautiful. :)
Giant danios would certainly work.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've added 4 Giant Danios and their movement has really calmed the goldfish. Before they were spazzing out all the time, now they're nice and calm, swimming slowly and gracefully!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts