Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Iwant to know what you guys think abour my bioload and if you think it can handle more fishies...
Hers is my setup;

Planted with fast growing stems... Anacharis, Ludwigia repens, Elodea and a couple of others that i havent find thet species yet...
55g 48"*13"*21"
Fluval303 filter
Fishes. 3penguin tetra, 9neon tetra, 5platy and 7fry, 5golden barbs and a chinese algea eater.

The CAE is very freindly with the other occupants and actualy dont mind to share his food pellets with the other fish. I often see barbs and neon sharing the meal with the cae all eating on the same pellet at the same time.... I dont think he will be a problem. He is now almost 5inlong and he behave very well.

My water so far is always 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, but idont have the nitrate test kit and since my tank is planted and i do 20-25%wc with substrat cleaning every week, i dont see nitrate being an issue...

What do you guys think of all that and what fish would do well in there?
Any comments suggestion wellcome!
Thnks all.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replys...

I will follow your wisdom and higher up my current shoaling numbers.... Happier fish and better looking tank...
Also will run to my lfs and get my hand on a nitrate kit.

As far as the CAE goes, he really is one... I will take according measure if aggression rises. I did read the whole article on this species and know what to expect... If it happens *knock on wood* ;-)
He sure is a cool fish and swims like a shark.. I love it!

Thanks guys.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.