Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great new stand for my tank that OH built homeing two oscars and two clown knife for now soon they will be going to lfs so we can set up our saltwater reef :)

·
Registered
707 Posts
curious - does the lfs pay you for fish when you give them to them or is this more of a 'take them off my hands' thing? im sure they would turn around and sell those for quite a price.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No gravel or plants took everything out when we guttet the tank to put it on the new stand that way when we take them to our lfs and turn it into a saltwater reef tank there is less to deal with cleaning the tank. The fist dont mind the bare tank.

To answer your question jsm my lfs gives you half of what they can sell the fish for on credit. Unfortunatly my fish are not worth a great deal adult Oscars only go for 20.00 here although my large clown knife I may get 15-20 for I am hopeing. You dont see large knifes in lfs very often.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Am I correct in reading that the Clown Knife's can get up to 40"??? Thats enormous and awesome!

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They do get huge but have never seen them that large in an aquarium largest ive seen is 18inches.

·
Registered
168 Posts
2 Oscars and 2 Knife, that sounds a lot for a 55 gal, how often do you need to do water changes?

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Brie: The larger one is 12in. and the baby is about 8in.

Oceane: Yes it is alot to have in a 55gallon would not recomend it. We had all intensions of upgrading to a 100 or larger before winter, but now we have decided to turn my tank into a SW/reef. As far as water changes I do 50% every week when the tank had gravel and decor now that its empty its alot easier to keep clean and I do smaller changes less often.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts