Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I am presently working on giving my tank a 'refresh'. This month marks 4 years since I first set it up. The key area I want to work on is improving the water quality for my plants. They have never really excelled and it is likely due to my pH steadily being around 8, and a lack of co2. I just invested in a co2 system, got a couple of new plants, and hope to see steady improvements. I will take pictures every day for a few weeks and will make it into a video.

[URL="[/URL]

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Do you dose? if so - coupled with CO2 - it may be the reason. Your plants would be happy to grow under T5/T8 without much problems, they not exactly demanding.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dose flourish comprehensive, iron, and potassium after weekly water changes. I had better success with my previous tank and I managed it the same, the only difference being was that the pH was about 7.5 vs 8 on this one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My co2 system has so far been doing well! My pH has now been around 7.0. Pretty much all of my faster growing plant species were added when I added the co2 system and i still think that they are acclimating. While growth in general hasn't been very strong I still think it's off to a good start!

I am particularly happy with the Echinodorus ozelot. Its a bit hard to tell here but its 2 new leaves are showing nice red colors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts