Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Spare Tank roughly 4 gallons that I was thinking of setting up but before I do that I wanted to know what you guys think about stocking, I like understocked planted tanks so please tell me what you guys think should go in there!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a Spare Tank roughly 4 gallons that I was thinking of setting up but before I do that I wanted to know what you guys think about stocking, I like understocked planted tanks so please tell me what you guys think should go in there!
A rule of thumb on stocking a tank is for each inch of fish you have when their full grown you need a gallon of water. You can put 4 neon tetras, since they only grow to an inch full grown or 2 - 2 inch fish. You get the picture. You can go a little above this much not much, especially in the beginning before your tank cycles.

·
Registered
7 aquaria: live plants, shrimp, snails, celestial danios, white clouds, corys, ottos...
24 Posts
A rule of thumb on stocking a tank is for each inch of fish you have when their full grown you need a gallon of water. You can put 4 neon tetras, since they only grow to an inch full grown or 2 - 2 inch fish. You get the picture. You can go a little above this much not much, especially in the beginning before your tank cycles.
Agreed. Most people tend to overstock, then fight low water quality from excess waste. If one has a very heavily planed tank, it will successfully support a slightly higher ratio.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts