Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Hello SantaMonica:

I like innovative concepts and this is certainly one. Does one have to use software like computer aide design (cad) or other engineer software to achieve the 3-D image for the printing?

Is abs plastic safe to use in aquariums I know that abs is not approved for use with potable water. Is this a drawback in its use?

POP

·
Registered
398 Posts
Hello Santa Monica:
I have to say that I admire a person with grit. I have been reading a lot on the net about 3D printing and all the trouble one can get into using this technology. Fortunately for some these technologies is exciting and like most technology we want to use it, but unfortunately most if not all objects are legally protected.

YOU SHOULD ADD A DISCLAIMER about copyright and patent laws to your postings. In Hudson NY several companies have been sued out of business over copyright infringement and on the net there are daily new stories about infringement actions regarding the use of 3D printing reproducing protected objects.

Good luck with your adventure
pop

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.